Randy Chan Vancouver | How To Build Your Success Network

Randy Chan Vancouver | I’m always on the lookout for new ways to build my business. And in the tradition of keeping things simple, networking popped into the mix.

What? “network?” That’s a scary word especially for us introverts!

For most of us writers (and introverted) types, the very utterance of the word makes us cringe. Yeah, it’s that bad.

We’d like to think that we work in a comfy, safe world of solitude but the pure natural fact is…

Randy Chan Vancouver
Randy Chan Vancouver

… We don’t! And shouldn’t if you want to amp your game a notch or two.

Truth is, I am seriously an introvert and somewhat shy. My nature is to resist the whole notion of networking.

Here’s the crazy thing… I’ve been networking all along and didn’t even realize it.

My small network consisted of printers, competitors, colleagues, teachers, friends, heck I even had a few trusted family members in my network.

Each in their own way helped me out of the doldrums and into success early on.

Hey, if the pros in your field network, then maybe you should consider it as well. So, get over your bad-self and get your network groove on. You need this and it’s not that bad once you get started.

If nothing else go out and get your bad self a “starter” network. This can consist of folks you’re likely never to meet like biz people you admire, authors, bloggers.

The point is you can follow them and learn from them.

Another great to build your network is to start attending various events like masterminds, training events and seminars in your field. This is a great way to meet new people who can help you down the road.

The rule is, however, to give more than you take. Be cool about it for God sakes and not come on like a vulture who wants, wants, wants.

Do these folks a professional courtesy and offer your services for a discount. Be ready to give away some of your time and listen to their problems and help them find a solution. It never ever hurts to lend a hand now and then – especially when you’re getting started.

Selfish folks get shunned and ignored so don’t be one of “those guys.”

So, go out and get yourself a Rolodex (Carlton’s favorite way of keeping track of people). Or if you’re into the digital tools, track folks this way.

The point of to get started now…

A small network can be powerful and very profitable. Don’t believe me?

Randy Chan Vancouver | Here’s what John Carlton says:

“I like to remind the skeptics that I made my first small fortune from a network list of around 300 people. It was geyser of good clients, good pals recommending me, and colleagues who watched my back and helped me solve every problem I ever encountered. It’s a much larger list now, but those first few hundred were a revelation in the power of networking.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Randy Chan Vancouver | Why Hiring Digital Marketing Services Is More Important Than Ever

Randy Chan Vancouver | How To Start Marketing Your Business

Randy Chan Vancouver | Advertising and Best Practices